The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is a service and academic club based on four cornerstones: Character, Scholarship, Leadership, and Service.
Sponsors: Mr. Karczewski and Ms. Denman
Below you will find a list of requirements for eligibility, the procedures of the selection process, probation, dismissal, and a link to the application.
1. Grades must be all A's and B's.
2. No Major Infractions (ODR’s) throughout 6th and 7th grade.
1. Students that meet the criteria will fill out the NJHS Application electronically.
2. Applications MUST be emailed to Mrs. Karczewski (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 19th.
3. A recommendation spreadsheet will be sent out to teachers with a list of students who are eligible and met the deadline; these will be taken into consideration.
4. A committee of five people will carefully examine each application, essay and recommendation.
5. All students who apply will receive an email of acceptance or an explanation as to why they did not get accepted.
The NJHS expects all its members to uphold themselves to each standard both inside of school and out. In the possibility of dismissal, members of the NJHS Committee will put it to a vote.
Members may be put on probation for the following:
Five non-medical absences
C or lower for one marking period
Members may be dismissed for the following:
10 non-medical absences
C- or lower for more than one marking period