14473 Middle Gibraltar Rd.
Gibraltar, Michigan 48173
phone: (734) 379-7050
fax: (734) 379-7051
Mrs. Kelley Villa, Principal
Mrs.Veronica McIsaac, Secretary
Full Day: 8:38-3:43
Half Day: 8:38-11:55
Student drop off begins at 8:25
Kindergarten - 1st grade Lunch 11:25 -11:45 Recess 11:45 - 12:05
2nd Grade - 3rd Grade Lunch 11:50 - 12:10 Recess 12:10 -12:30
4th Grade - 5th Grade Lunch 12:15 - 12:35 Recess 12:35 - 12:55
Parsons Elementary School Mission Statement:
Relationships, Community, and Learning for All
Preparing students to be successful for school and life.
Only blocks from Lake Erie, Parsons Elementary is nestled in the small lakeside community of Gibraltar, Michigan. Parsons Elementary School, serving ab out 430 students, has a caring learning environment. Every day, our faculty, parents, and volunteers work together for the success of all students.
Noted for our academic excellence, faculty and parents also place a high emphasis on instilling the character traits of respect and responsibility. These traits, coupled with strong academic skills lay the foundation for our students' success now and in the future. From the challenging curriculum and high behavior expectations, Parsons students are consistently strong performers as they move to middle school, high school, and beyond. Parsons faculty believes that school should be a place where strong relationships are built, students are encouraged to do their best, and problem solving is a way of life.
Parsons Elementary School has a proud heritage. Our students have ancestors that were the founding members of our Gibraltar community! Many parents and grandparents were also educated at Parsons.
The first school in Gibraltar was built in 1836. The school stood at Denison Corners and served as a church and school for more than a century. Mrs. Cleo Parsons was its only teacher for 35 years. Each morning Mrs. Parsons would bring in logs for the two stoves and water for drinking. Dedicated to her students, Mrs. Parsons would often buy clothing and supplies for those children in need. In 1953, the second Gibraltar School was built on the south side of Middle Gibraltar Road. The new school had seven classrooms. The original rooms were located directly to the left of the lobby. Presently they are "home" to our 2nd, 3rd, and kindergarten students. In 1954, the community was shocked and saddened by a fire that destroyed the first Gibraltar School. Although firefighters fought hard, they could salvage only two classrooms and the old school bell that called so many generations to school each day. In 1956, the new Gibraltar School was rededicated Cleo E. Parsons School in honor of its longtime educator. Our school has seen many renovations, bringing it to its present size of 20 classrooms, a gymnasium/multi-purpose room, an office complex and a library.