Welcome to Lakeshore Virtual SCHOOL
Lakeshore Virtual School is a free public school offering an online school experience to students in grades K-12. LVS is a part of the Gibraltar School District, and we accept students from Wayne County, Monroe County, Washtenaw County, Macomb County, and Oakland County!
At LVS, students are eligible for a high school diploma after successfully completing the required 18 Michigan Merit Curriculum requirements. Students enrolled in grades K-8 will follow the same requirements per semester as the traditional middle school setting.
- Highly qualified school counselor on site
- Highly qualified, content specific teachers for each class
- Certified Math, ELA, Science, and Social Studies teachers available on campus
- On-site mentor to monitor progress and provide support
- Virtual tutoring sessions readily available with a live expert
- Ability to modify and personalize courses to match student academic needs
- Side-by-Side tutoring sessions available on campus
- On-Site small group instruction for concepts that are challenging to master online
Lakeshore Virtual School offers students the option to complete coursework on their own time at their own location, while still receiving support needed for success.
Students at Lakeshore Virtual School need only 18 credits to receive a Michigan Merit Curriculum High School Diploma.
Lakeshore students have many opportunities available to them that might be different from other schools. Some of these include:
- On-site career and technical courses offered through DCTC Program(Downriver Career and Technical Consortium)
- Dual enrollment with local community colleges
- Elective offerings with weekly hands-on applications offered within the community. These courses are created by partnering with local businesses, community experts, and community centers. St. Mary's in Rockwood will be the location for many of these unique elective courses.
- Social events planned throughout the year
- Physical and virtual field trips
- Philanthropic events to help in the community
Lakeshore Virtual Webinars