Schools Of Choice Enrollment
Thank you for considering enrollment in the Gibraltar School District. Gibraltar is one of Downriver’s finest educational communities for students and families. We invite you to visit our schools, talk with the principal and staff, and see why Gibraltar is the Downriver School of Choice. Gibraltar School District accepts students from both Wayne and Monroe counties.
Application dates for the 2018/2019 school year will are listed below:
- First Semester: February 20, 2018 - September 7, 2018
- Second Semester: January 14, 2019 - January 25, 2019
Please note that Gibraltar School District does not provide transportation for students enrolled through Schools of Choice, parents are responsible for transportation to and from school.
All Schools of Choice applications will be checked for accuracy, and applicants may be interviewed by the building principal. Elementary students will be placed in buildings according to classroom availability. Effort will be made to place the student according to parent preference, but it is not guaranteed.
During a School of Choice window, students who live in Wayne or Monroe County may submit a completed application packet to our Student Services office, which is located within our administrative offices at 19370 Vreeland Road, at the corner of Allen Road and Vreeland Road. School of Choice Enrollment packets will be available at our administrative offices, or may be downloaded from this site during a School of Choice window
SELECT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS OF CHOICE APPLICATIONS
- School Of Choice Application – Wayne County Residents (AVAILABLE JANUARY 14, 2019)
- School Of Choice Application – Monroe County Residents (AVAILABLE JANUARY 14, 2019)
ALSO DOWNLOAD FULL ENROLLMENT PACKET:
- Gibraltar School District Enrollment Packet (AVAILABLE JANUARY 14, 2019)
In addition to the documents listed, the following items are necessary at time of enrollment:
- Original birth certificate
- Immunization records
- 3 forms of proof of residency
- Custody paperwork (in the event there has been a divorce)
- A copy of your child's most recent IEP (in the event your child has been previously receiving Special Education Services)
We are happy to assist you through this process, if you have any questions, please call Student Services at 734-379-7115.