Schools Of Choice Enrollment
Thank you for considering enrollment in the Gibraltar School District. Gibraltar is one of Downriver’s finest educational communities for students and families. We invite you to visit our schools, talk with the principal and staff, and see why Gibraltar is the Downriver School of Choice. Gibraltar School District accepts students from both Wayne and Monroe counties.
Application dates for the 2020/2021 school year are as listed below:
- First Semester: February 18, 2020 - September 2, 2020
- Second Semester: To be Determined
Please note that Gibraltar School District does not provide transportation for students enrolled through Schools of Choice, parents are responsible for transportation to and from school.
All Schools of Choice applications will be checked for accuracy, and applicants may be interviewed by the building principal. Elementary students will be placed in buildings according to classroom availability. Effort will be made to place the student according to parent preference, but it is not guaranteed. During a School of Choice window, students who live in Wayne or Monroe County may complete online pre-enrollment and submit a School of Choice.
2020-2021 School of Choice Enrollments
- Follow the link and complete online pre-enrollment.
- Select, print, and complete the appropriate school of choice application (these are also available at our administrative building)
- Once online pre-enrollment is complete, enrollments will be processed at our administration office, by appointment only
- For enrollments that are NOT at our virtual school, use the following link to make an appointment to complete enrollment.
- If you are registering for Lakeshore Virtual school, the enrollment appointment calendar will be available by June 5.
In order to complete registration, please ensure the following items are brought with you to your scheduled appointment:
- Original birth certificate
- Immunization records
- 3 acceptable proofs of residency
- Custody paperwork (in the event there has been a divorce)
- A copy of your child's most recent IEP (in the event your child has been previously receiving Special Education Services)
- Once online pre-enrollment is complete, enrollments are processed at our Student Services office, which is located within our administrative building at 19370 Vreeland Road, at the corner of Allen Road and Vreeland Road.
We are happy to assist you through this process, if you have any questions, please call Student Services at 734-379-7115.