Welcome to Shumate Middle School ... we're "Soaring to New Heights"
Here are some important dates coming up:
- May 5-8- 8th grade trip to Washington DC-All 8th graders not attending are expected to attend school.
- May 12-Toledo Mudhens-6th grade-
- May 12-STEM SAVVY-Mrs. O'Neill and several 8th grade girls
- May 23-27 Buy One Get One Free Book Fair!
- May 19-Fine Arts Night
- May 25- 8th Grade Tigers Journalism Career Day and game for Journalism and Debate class
- May 27- Spanish Class field trip
- May 30-Memorial Day-No School
- June 1- 6th and 7th grade Honors Night-6:00 CHS auditorium
- June 7-8th grade to Cedar Point and 7th grade to Wave pool
- June 8-6th grade to Wave pool and 8th grade graduation at CHS followed by 8th Grade dance at SMS
- June 9- 1/2 day for 6th and 7th grades. Release at 11:28
Order Your Shumate Gear Here!
Click here to order your Shumate spirit wear!
The Gibraltar School District and Carlson High School is proud to once again host this summer's Marauder Basketball Camp. It is the premier basketball camp in Southeastern Michigan. The camp runs June 20-23 and is open to all students who will be in 4th through 9th grades for the next school year. Please open the attached flyer for more information.
Click on the link to download the flyer - Girls Basketball Camp
Click on the link to download the flyer - Boys Basketball Camp
Last PBIS Trimester Reward Party !
Shumate BPA Students Soar to Success
Cedar Point Trip Information
Attention all 8th graders! Payforit.net is now open for your Cedar Point trip payment! Fill out your permission slip and give to your advisory teacher and go online for payment. All payment due online by March 24, 2016. Cedar Point date-Tuesday, June 7, 2016. Click here for permission slip and other information.
First Annual Staff Appreciation Basketball Game
Geo Bee Winner!
Congratulations to Shumate student Alex Brockington on winning first place in the@NatGeo Geography Bee!
Congratulations Ms. Wellman
Congratulations to Shumate teacher Sarah Wellman who was recently awarded a $500 grant by the MEEMIC Insurance Company. Ms. Wellman wrote the grant to obtain fitness equipment for her P.E. classes! Ms. Wellman believes in fitness and is excited to get our students to a new fitness level!
Labels for Education
This year Shumate Middle School will be participating in the Labels for Education program. Through the program we can collect UPCs and beverage/sauce caps from participating products to earn points that can be redeemed for FREE educational merchandise!
Campbell’s, BIC, Pace, Pepperidge Farm, SpagettiOs, Swanson and V8 all are participating products. For a full list please checklabelsforeducation.com.
It’s easy to help! Simply save UPCs and beverage/sauce caps and have your student turn them in to their advisory teacher. You can also drop them off in the main office. All students who participate will be given positive action tickets to enter into our gift card drawings!
Log on to labelsforeducation.com for more information or to register with our school. If you have any questions or need further information please contact Mrs. Antosiewicz by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 734-379-7612.
Thank you for your support.