Welcome to Carlson High ... we're "Charting the Course for the Future"
Schedule for Week of March 2nd
On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 only Juniors and a few eligible Seniors will be taking the ACT Plus Writing Exam. There will be no school for Freshmen, Sophomores, or the majority of Seniors.
Students taking the ACT Plus Writing Test will be dismissed from school at approximately 12:30 p.m. Bus transportation will be provided.
On Wednesday, March 4, 2015, Juniors and a few eligible Seniors will be taking the WorkKeys Test. Lunches will be served to test takers after their exams.
Busses will run on a four (4) hour delay
All Freshmen, Sophomores, and remaining Seniors will report at 11:40 a.m.
Classes will begin for ALL STUDENTS at 11:45 a.m
Attention All Carlson H.S. Parents
We Need Your Help!
As part of our North Central/AdvancED accreditation, we need parents to take a survey to provide data for our External Review this spring.
Kindly take a few minutes and complete the NCA Parent Survey at
As tax payers and primary stakeholders, we need and value your input. Please help us in our continuous improvement to provide the best possible education for our students.
Thank you in advance for your help and support!
PLC - Carlson High School
Parent Advisory Meeting
The next Parent Advisory Meeting is scheduled to be held February 18, 2015
Click here to read about the latest happenings at Carlson.
Announcements for February 27, 2015
· Vocational Applications are available in the counseling office for all students interested in taking a vocational course for the 2015/2016 school year. If you have any questions see Mrs. Palazzolo in the counseling office.
· there will be a tennis signup/meeting at 3pm on march 4th in the cafeteria.
· The Marauder Captains are selling raffle tickets for two tickets to see Ariana Grande on March 7th. Tickets are $1 or 6 for $5 and are being sold at lunch. The drawing will be held this coming Monday.
· Attention sophomores: Candy money is PAST DUE. If you have not turned in your money, do so as soon as possible. Turn it in to either Mrs. Plozai or Mrs. Begeman.
· There will be a Social Studies Olympiad meeting after school Thursday, March 5 in Mr. Gervasi’s room.
· There will be a baseball meeting after school on Friday, February 27 in the cafeteria. If you have any questions, see Coach Liptow or Skopczynski.
· There will be a special ACT Math tutoring session Friday, Feb. 27, right after school in Mrs. Huber’s room. Pick up an ACT question packet from Mrs. Huber prior to this Friday. Try the problems yourself, then come to the Friday session to get your questions answered. What could be more fun??? Also, other study tables today: Science with Ms. Dell, Social Studies with Mr. Burgess and English with Ms. Ventrella. No bus transportation today.
· Seniors: the scholarship spreadsheet now includes Carlson music and sports scholarships. Lots of opportunities. Pick one up in counseling.
· Looking for a new book to read for March is Reading Month? Just fill out a book request form in the library and you could win a new book at the end of the month! Any questions, see Mr. Pehote in the library.
· Seniors: the scholarship spreadsheet has been updated. It is now Shamrock Shake GREEN. Pick one up in counseling.
· AP test payments will be accepted starting Monday 2/23/2015 in the library. Cost is $91 per test. Tests 3 and above within a household are $70 each. Please make checks out to “Gibraltar School District”. All tests payments are due by Friday 3/20/2015 at the end of the school day.
Carlson High School Video