Welcome to Carlson High ... we're "Charting the Course for the Future"
Announcements for December 6, 2013.
• Carlson Cares is starting their 2013 Charity Drive on Monday 12/9. Ninth grade: gently used clothes and toys for The Salvation Army. Tenth Grade: New socks and toiletries for the Covenant House. Eleventh Grade: Non-perishable food products for local food pantries. Twelfth Grade: is donating new toys for C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor. Staff: Pet food and supplies for Shelter to Home.
• Congratulations to the Student Council Staff Member of the Month Mr. Gervasi and Student of the Month 9th Grader Courtney Wallace!
• Tutoring for social studies and science will be Tuesday and Wednesday next week (Dec. 10-11).
• Congratulations to Ariel Burgess, Katie Herzog and Jazlynn Belt: winners of the Carlson High School Student Council Book Recommendation contest in the CHS Library. Your suggestions were added to the Carlson Library catalogue!
• The Carlson High School Hockey Team is looking for a goalie. Anyone with goalie experience that might be interested in playing on the Carlson High School Team, please see Mr. Quinn in the Athletic Office.
• Anyone interested in donating new blankets for the kids at Mott’s Children’s hospital, the Athletic Department will accept all donations until Friday December 13.
• Yearbooks are on sale now BUT you must buy one by December 16 to be sure of getting a copy. Since this will be the 50th edition of our book, you do not want to be left out. December 16 is also the last day to order a name plate to put on the cover of your yearbook. (Nameplates are $6 in addition to the cost of the book itself.) To order a book, see Mrs. Strall or any yearbook staff member. You may also order a book online and pay with a credit card. Just go to yearbookordercenter.com and enter number 2876. No down payment, yearbook must be paid in full.
• On Friday December 13th the CHS Theater and Music departments will present a student only viewing of the holiday classic…A CHRISTMAS CAROL. So for two dollars you get to miss your 5th period class and see the age old story of Ebeneezer Scrooge. So don’t be a BAH-HUMBUG and come support your classmates and get in the Christmas spirit!!! Tickets for A Christmas Carol student show on sale at all lunches and in Rm. 207c starting this week.