· Announcement - Congratulations to the Boy’s Varsity Golf Team on their 1st place finish at the Monroe invitational. Top scores were recorded by Nathan Skuratovich with a 73, Brendan Meadows with a 75, Patrick Hesson with an 80, Aaron Herman with an 85. This is the first tournament championship for the boy’s golf team in over 8 years.
Also a big shoutout to Nathan Skuratovich who was the #1 player in the tournament after winning a 3 man sudden death playoff on the 2nd hole. He was the best player out of 90 players.
· Students that were invited to attend the Cedar Point Field trip, money and permission slip must be turned in to Mrs. Gibbs no later than this Thursday April 17, 2014.
· Seniors: the scholarship spreadsheet has been updated. It is now WARM SAND BROWN. Take one on Spring break with you!
· The math department would like to wish everyone a happy palindrome week
· Carlson Idol had some spectacular auditions the last couple of days and the final participants have been selected. They are as follows (of course in no particular order):
1. Chalayna Shulaw and Andrew Montry
2. Jake Shuler
3. Alyssa Carroll
4. Jeremiah Hendra
5. Bethany Newton
6. Joe Enwerejobi and Carmen Kimbrough
7. Manic Attack
8. ThaiKe’Ayr Blevins
Honorable Mention—performing at Intermission: Cameron Malnofski BPA would like to thank all of the students who participated in the auditions! It was very difficult choosing the final participants and we appreciate everyone’s talent. Look for tickets to go on sale in May. The show will take place on Tuesday, May 13.
· Congratulations to the JV Tennis team on their 2nd place finish at the Allen Park Tournament. Congratulations to the following players for taking 1st place in their flight: Sadie Murphy, Andrea Flores, Abby Wilkie and Susan Throneberry
· Gibraltar girls tennis won the crestwood invite on Saturday.
Three singles Anna post took the deciding point to help Carlson over the top.
Flight winners were Maggie herman at 1 singles, hunter davis/Miranda pier at 2 doubles, and lisa laub and Cheyenne wright at 4 doubles.
Medal winners were corina Caldwell at 2 singles, Nicole Caldwell at 4 singles, Emily mckinnie/mary Canterbury at 1 doubles, mary kozmor/tera thornton at 3 doubles.
that the next GSA meeting will be Tuesday April 15 after school in room 34-E
· SADD meeting in Mrs. Paultanis’s room 215C on Monday the 14th during announcements. Please come if you are interested in helping with the Grim Reaper day. New members are welcome to participate in this activity.
· Prom is coming!
Prom will be May 16 at The Dearborn Inn near Greenfield Village. The price will be $70 per person, $140 per couple which includes dinner. Tickets will go on sale AFTER EASTER BREAK.
So find a date and save the date.
More info to follow.
· Attention former Hunter Elementary students: the Hunter Elementary scholarship for seniors is now available in the Counseling Office.
· 4/14 – 4/16 Carlson Girls Soccer Team members will be selling t-shirts for the Kicking for a Cure game during all 3 lunches for $12. There are 2 designs and sizes are limited. A bake-sale will take place all 3 days as well. Help support a great cause with the help of your Lady Marauder Soccer team.