Welcome to Carlson High ... we're "Charting the Course for the Future"
Carlson High School Video
Announcements for October 24, 2014
· Seniors: the scholarship spreadsheet is now available. It is Pumpkin Patch Orange. It has one scholarship on it. Watch for further updates. Pick one up in Counseling.
· Any girl who missed yesterday’s basketball meeting can see Ms. Wilkin to get the tryout information.
· School-wide leadership meeting on Monday 10/27 at 8:15 in the library. Representatives from various clubs should plan to attend.
· Foreign Language Club meeting will be on Monday Oct. 27 in Mr. Zachary’s room. !Viva Los Clubes!
· Volley for a Cure is coming this Tuesday, 10/28/2014. Come cheer on your Lady Marauders as they take on Southgate. Make sure to come out and help raise awareness for Breast Cancer by wearing Pink. This is our last home game, so don’t miss out.
· There will be a freshman student council meeting in Mrs. Winn’s room Friday 24th during channel one.
· A reminder to all DECA members, your $20 dues need to be turned in to Mr. Skopczynski by Wednesday, October 29th. If you have any questions, please see him.
· 2014 – 2015 Hockey Tryouts: Three tryouts at Kennedy Rink Trenton MI, Arrive one half hour prior to ice time
Monday Nov 3rd at 4:30 to 5:20 pm
Tue Nov 4th at 4:50 to 5:40 pm
Wed Nov 5th at 5:00 to 5:50 pm
Full gear required, physicals must on file with the AD office prior to stepping on the ice
· The pressure is off boys. Ladies, it’s your turn to call the shots. The Sadie Hawkins Dance will be held on Saturday, November 8th from 7-10. Tickets are $8 and will be sold during all three lunches starting Wednesday, October 29th. Guest passes are available for this dance.
· Attention all sophomores with the last names A-L. Reminder that your candy money is due to Mrs. Plozai or Mrs. Begeman no later than Friday, October 31st. If your candy is sold, please turn in your money as soon as possible.
· Do you know a great book, author, or series you would like to see in the Carlson Library? Well, fill out a book recommendation form this month and you could win a $10 iTunes gift card. Recommend as many books/authors as you like. If your suggestion is added to the Carlson Library collection you will be entered into the gift card drawing. Up to five gift cards will be awarded! Suggestions must be in by 10/31/2014.
· The CHS Fall Blood Drive is Wednesday 10/29 in the Aux Gym. Donors must be 16 years and older and meet certain height/weight requirements. 16 year old donors must see Mr. Pehote to sign up. Those 17 and older can sign up online at www.redcrossblood.org enter the sponsor code “carlsonhighschool” (all one word) to sign up. Any questions, see Mr. Pehote in the library!
· Seniors! Make sure you take advantage of your special senior yearbook price. You must buy your book from Mrs. Strall in room 223 by October 31, 2014. ALSO, if you want to order a name plate, you may order those at the same time you order your book. The cost is $6 for a name plate.