Gibraltar School District Athletic Department
Carlson High School Athletic Department
30550 W. Jefferson
Gibraltar, MI 48173
Phone (734) 379-7125
Fax (734) 379-7838
Athletic Director: Mike Quinn, CMAA Home of the Marauders
I hope this letter finds you ready to enjoy the summer while gearing up for yet another school year. As your athletic director, I am committed to making this upcoming school year a valuable and rewarding experience for each student at Carlson High School. This letter will make you aware of informational items and changes prior to the fall 2016 sport season.
Again this year, the activity fee will remain at $200.00. It will be charged to every student participating in any Carlson club, group or athletic activity that is not either service or class related. This is a ONE TIME charge for the entire school year, regardless of the number of sports or activities in which students are involved. Additional information will be provided at parent meetings.
1. Preferred method of payment is the electronic payment system that will be accessible on the district and school web pages as of July 5, 2016. The direct website to make a payment is www.payforit.net.
To set up an account you will need a valid email address, a credit card or check routing information and your child’s student identification number which may be found in your Parent Portal under Demographics. (Please note this number is different from your Parent Portal login.) Your card number will be stored securely so that you may make additional payments in the future without re-registering.
2. Submit check, money order or certified bank check to the school athletic and activity office. Include the student ID# on the check. Make checks payable to Gibraltar School District.
Cash payments will not be accepted.
Each student interested in participating in a school sponsored sport MUST have a current physical examination on file with the school. Parents should have the doctor use the form provided on the athletic website or from the athletic office. Please be sure that both sides of the form are completely filled out. Physicals performed on/or after April 15, 2016 are considered up-to-date and will be good for the entire 2016/17 school year. Students will not be allowed to tryout, practice, or play without an up-to-date physical.
Times are subject to Change
- Cross Country – Voluntary summer work outs will be held each weekday morning at 8:00 beginning on Monday June 13, right outside the athletic office. Official practice will begin on Wednesday, August 10 at 8:00 a.m. right outside the athletic office. Cross Country is a non-cut sport.
- Cheer - Tryouts for sideline cheerleading have already been held. There will be a parent meeting on June 21 for all parents and members of this squad.
- Football – Voluntary summer work outs will begin on Tuesday, June 14 at 9:00 a.m. each player will receive a calendar that will outline each day from June 14 through the entire season. Official practice begins on Monday, August 8 at 5:00 p.m. at the stadium. Football is a non-cut sport.
- Girls’ Golf- Try outs will begin on Wednesday, August 10 at 9:00 at Lake Erie Golf Course on Lee Road. Players are expected to bring their own clubs, balls and tees. Golf is a cut sport that carries about 10 players.
- Boys’ Soccer – Voluntary summer drop ins and conditioning will run Monday through Thursday beginning July 11 at 6:00 p.m. Official practice will begin on Wednesday, August 10 at 6:00 p.m. at the stadium. Soccer is a non-cut sport.
- Girls’ Swimming – The first official practice will be held on Tuesday, August 9 at Midnight, leading into Wednesday morning, August 10. The girls should report to the pool by 11:30 p.m. Swimming is a non-cut sport.
- Boys’ Tennis – The first official practice will be held on Wednesday, August 10 at 10:00 a.m. at the tennis courts. Players are expected to provide their own racket. Tennis is a non-cut sport.
- Volleyball – Voluntary summer conditioning and open gyms will begin on Monday, July 11 at 8:00 a.m.
Here is link to the calendar. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNZNM1anDlITtlC95sQmv3s5c1L0NWL3Il2PfO_f3Mo/edit#gid=209391694.
The first official practice will be held on Wednesday, August 10 at 9:00 a.m. in the main gym. Volleyball is a cut sport with 10-12 girls on each team.
If you have any further questions or I can be of any other help don’t hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at (734) 379-7104. I will be in my office almost every day this summer so leave me a message and I will get back to you.
Have a great Summer,