Goal #1 – Curriculum and Instruction: Increase the academic achievement of all students through effective instruction, a challenging and engaging curriculum, and aligned assessments. Continuously adapt and improve program delivery in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Increase High School ACT average scores by 1 point. Middle School and Elementary buildings will reach yearly proficiency targets. By June 2017.
- Increase high school graduation rate by 2% by June 2017.
- All students will show growth on NWEA (math and reading) annually.
Goal #2 – Support Professional Growth and Instructional Effectiveness: Focus on supporting student growth through an effective instructional program, work in collaboration with administration and teachers to enhance evaluation and training, in order to attract and sustain a quality professional staff for all students within budget limitations.
- Teachers show growth on annual teacher evaluations.
- Establish and monitor Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) in all buildings within the district beginning in September 2014.
Goal #3 – Provide a Safe Learning Environment: Provide students with a safe and healthy environment that promotes student learning and achievement, resilience, citizenship, self-discipline, and personal responsibility.
- Successful district-wide implementation of Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) beginning in September 2014.
- Prepared for all emergency situations.
- Assure all schools are secure and following safety protocols by performing quarterly audits. March 2014
Goal #4 – Community Relations and Communications: Increase partnerships with our families and community by cultivating a dynamic learning environment focused on student growth, inquiry and communicating district/building success to all stakeholders.
- Increase community involvement within the district annually.
- Increase student involvement in community service projects annually.
- Improve the quality and increase the frequency of media communications within the entire school district and coordinate between buildings. Beginning in September 2014.
Goal #5 –Develop, Implement and Maintain a Sustainable Budget through Fiscal Integrity and Accountability: Implement and maintain a five-year balanced-budget plan in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Maintain a positive Fund Balance at all times.
Board Approved 3/11/2014